Say you’re lounging on your sofa, looking for a way to stream your favorite music, TV shows, or movies. You could always plug in your phone, tablet, or laptop to your soundbar, but why bother with all that extra work when you can have a soundbar with a built-in Chromecast? These soundbars come equipped with Chromecast technology, allowing you to cast audio from your smartphone, tablet, or computer directly to your soundbar with just a few taps.
No cables, no fuss, just seamless streaming. Whether you’re hosting a party or having a quiet night in, soundbars with built-in Chromecast are the perfect solution for anyone looking to elevate their audio experience.
We may earn an affiliate commission for purchases using our links at no added cost to you.
Quick Look At The Our Top Picks
Last update on 2023-11-29
We have meticulously sifted through many options to come up with a list of soundbars with built-in Chromecast for casting that offer exceptional value at this price point or less. Our choices are distinguished by a host of impressive features that set them apart from the rest. Our goal is to provide you with a comprehensive selection that will help you pinpoint the ideal model that caters to your unique needs and preferences.
Compare Key Features: Soundbar With Built-In Chromecast
- High Resolution audio – digital music for audiophiles, with higher sampling rates and Bit depth, both of which can contribute to more accurate, more enjoyable music…
- Dolby Atmos – the SK8Y realistically virtualized audio height channels to add thrilling Surround sound to select movies and TV shows
- Works with the Google assistant; High Resolution Audio: Up to 24bit/96kHz
- Wireless Surround Ready – designed to integrate with the spk8-s optional wireless Surround speakers (sold separately), adding the premium home Theater audio of…
- Adaptive sound control – adaptive sound control identifies what’s playing and automatically adjusts the sound mode to create the ideal audio experience.Soundbar…
- Premium Cinema Experience at Home Built-in upward-firing speakers and true 5.1.2 surround sound system from VIZIO with Dolby Atmos technology, delivers an…
- Dolby Atmos Transports you from the ordinary into the extraordinary with breathtaking, moving audio that fills your room and flows above and around you
- Cinematic Surround Sound Rear surround sound speakers and two upward-firing speakers create a cinema-like audio experience right in your own home
- Wireless Subwoofer Enjoy thunderous bass through a beautifully designed wireless subwoofer
- Chromecast Built-in Stream music, podcasts and more from popular Chromecast-enabled apps like Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio and more
- ULTRA-SLIM SOUNDBAR WITH WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – Features 2.1 channel performance-tuned drivers – (2) 1.25” x 4.4”oval mid-range drivers & (2) 1” Tweeters, and…
- POLK’S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY & Dolby Digital 5.1 Decoding helps maximize sound clarity & reduces voice delays. Hear clear, crisp dialogue of your…
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At 2″ tall, the Signa S3 fits most spaces — easily wall-mount it…
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM – Watch your favorite shows on your 4K and 8K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & clear sound. With…
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and more from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible devices via…
- SET UP YOUR SOUND BAR IN MINUTES — the included HDMI and optical cables quickly connect your TV and subwoofer to the sound bar
- MAGNIFI NOW WITH 3D AUDIO – Virtual height effects and wireless subwoofer deliver an incredible room-filling and truly immersive 3D listening experience comparable…
- BIGGER, MORE DYNAMIC SURROUND SOUND – Equipped with 6 powerful drivers – (4) 1″ x 3″ full-range drivers & (2) 0.75″ tweeters, MagniFi 2 produces multi-dimensional…
- Polk’s exclusive VOICE ADJUST & SDA TECHNOLOGY let you CONTROL VOICE LEVELS maximizing sound clarity and minimizing voice delays and muzzled sounds, creating an…
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC with built-in GOOGLE CHROMECAST from your smartphone and other compatible Bluetooth devices for a multi-room system. Cast your favorite music…
- UNIVERSALLY COMPATIBLE WITH 4K and HD TVs – Enjoy a cinematic experience with Dolby Digital & DTS audio, and pristine clarity with Dolby Vision, and INDEPENDENT…
- INCLUDES A PLUG-AND-PLAY WIRELESS SUBWOOFER that is instantly recognized by the soundbar the moment you power it on. An 8″ DOWNWARD FIRING DRIVER fills your living…
- Q-SYMPHONY: Amp up your audio with the greatest duo of all time—Samsung TVs paired with Samsung soundbars; With Q-Symphony, your TV speakers paired with Q-Series…
- WIRELESS DOLBY ATMOS: Feel surrounded; Cue up Dolby Atmos sound and skip the cumbersome HDMI cables; Feel free to arrange your space exactly how you want without…
- 3.1.2 CH. TRUE DOLBY ATMOS SOUND: There’s more that meets the ear; Appreciate the story, concert or soundtrack on a deeper level with the three-dimensional nuance…
- SPACEFIT SOUND PRO: Sound amplifies everything; This soundbar reacts accordingly; Get room-filling sound, calibrated to your space, with a soundbar that analyzes…
- WORKS WITH VOICE ASSISTANTS: Go hands-free; This soundbar stays in tune with your ever-growing smart home by connecting seamlessly via your favorite voice…
- ADAPTIVE SOUND: Hear voices better, even at low volume, with intelligently optimized audio; Scenes are analyzed in real time to pull out the most important audio…
Last update on 2023-11-29
- Soundbars with built-in Chromecast can provide an easy and convenient way to stream audio content from various devices.
- These soundbars often come with multiple connectivity options, including HDMI and Bluetooth, allowing for versatile use.
- Some models also offer voice control and compatibility with virtual assistants like Google Assistant and Alexa.
Reasons To Buy:
- Built-in Chromecast allows for easy streaming of audio content from various devices.
- Multiple connectivity options, such as HDMI and Bluetooth, provide versatility in use.
- Some models offer additional features, like voice control and compatibility with virtual assistants.
Points of Concern:
- Sound quality may not match that of standalone speakers or higher-end soundbars.
- Some models may have limited compatibility with certain devices or streaming services.
- Cost may be higher than non-Chromecast soundbars without additional benefits for all users.
The Ultimate Guide to Finding the Best Soundbar for Your Budget
A soundbar is an excellent addition to any home theater setup. They provide enhanced audio experiences and can greatly improve your TV or movie-watching experience. This guide will walk you through the most important factors to consider when purchasing a soundbar.
1. Sound Quality
The primary reason to purchase a soundbar is to improve the audio quality of your entertainment system. Consider the following aspects when evaluating sound quality:
- Drivers: These are the components responsible for producing sound. Look for a soundbar with multiple drivers, which usually results in better sound quality.
- Frequency response: Measured in Hertz (Hz), this indicates the range of sounds a soundbar can produce. A wider range typically results in richer and more balanced audio.
2. Connectivity Options
Different soundbars offer varying connectivity options. Here are some common options to consider:
- HDMI: This is the most popular and convenient option for connecting a soundbar to your TV. Ensure the soundbar supports HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) for seamless control and setup.
- Bluetooth: This allows you to connect your soundbar wirelessly to other devices, such as smartphones or tablets, for easy music streaming.
- Wi-Fi: Some soundbars offer Wi-Fi connectivity for multi-room setups or wireless streaming from online services.
3. Size and Design
Choose a soundbar that complements your TV size and fits your available space:
- Size: Measure the space where you plan to place the soundbar and ensure it will fit comfortably.
- Design: Consider the aesthetic of your entertainment area and choose a soundbar that matches your existing setup.
4. Surround Sound and Audio Formats
Some soundbars offer surround sound capabilities and support various audio formats:
- Surround sound: Options include virtual surround sound or soundbars with additional speakers to create a more immersive audio experience.
- Audio formats: Look for support for popular formats like Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and others to ensure compatibility with your content.
Set a budget before shopping to narrow down your options:
- Entry-level: These soundbars offer basic features and improvements over built-in TV speakers. They typically cost between $100 and $300.
- Mid-range: These soundbars provide more advanced features, better sound quality, and additional connectivity options. Expect to spend between $300 and $800.
- High-end: These are the most advanced soundbars, offering the best sound quality, additional speakers, and support for various audio formats. Prices can range from $800 to $2000 or more.
6. Additional Features
Consider any additional features that may be important to you:
- Voice assistants: Some soundbars come with built-in voice assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant for hands-free control.
- Smart features: Look for soundbars with built-in streaming services or app support for added convenience.
With these factors in mind, you should be able to find the perfect soundbar for your home entertainment system. Happy shopping!
See More Top Rated Soundbars
Last update on 2023-11-11
Answers to Common Questions
Can I use a soundbar with a built-in Chromecast without a TV?
No, you cannot use a soundbar with a built-in Chromecast without a TV. The soundbar is designed to be connected to your TV, which acts as the video source. However, once the soundbar is connected to your TV, you can use the Chromecast feature to stream audio content directly to the soundbar from your phone or tablet.
What is the difference between a soundbar with a built-in Chromecast and a regular soundbar?
The main difference between a soundbar with a built-in Chromecast and a regular soundbar is the addition of the Chromecast feature. This allows you to stream audio content directly to the soundbar from your phone or tablet without needing to connect any cables. Additionally, some soundbars with built-in Chromecast may offer additional smart features, such as voice control or integration with other smart home devices.
How do I set up Chromecast on my soundbar?
To set up Chromecast on your soundbar, you will first need to connect the soundbar to your TV using an HDMI cable. Once connected, you can use the Chromecast app on your phone or tablet to set up Chromecast on your soundbar. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your soundbar to your Wi-Fi network, and then you will be ready to start streaming audio content to your soundbar.
What audio formats are supported by soundbars with built-in Chromecast?
Most soundbars with built-in Chromecast support a wide range of audio formats, including MP3, AAC, FLAC, and WAV. Additionally, some models may support high-resolution audio formats such as Dolby Atmos or DTS:X. Be sure to check the specifications of the soundbar you are interested in to see which audio formats are supported.
Can I control my soundbar with a built-in Chromecast using voice commands?
Yes, many soundbars with built-in Chromecast offer support for voice commands. This allows you to control your soundbar using your voice using virtual assistants such as Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. Simply set up your virtual assistant on your phone or tablet, and then link it to your soundbar using the manufacturer’s app. Once linked, you can use voice commands to adjust the volume, change the input, or even play your favorite music or podcast.
Gary Adams is a soundbar enthusiast with a passion for all things related to home audio. He spends his free time researching and testing the latest soundbar models and accessories and loves sharing his expertise with others. With years of experience in the field, Gary is an expert in soundbar technology and is dedicated to helping others find the perfect sound system for their home. When he’s not testing new soundbars, Gary enjoys hiking and playing guitar.