Are you tired of the subpar sound quality of your TV’s built-in speakers? Look no further! We’ve scoured the market to find the best soundbars under $400 that will transform your movie-watching experience. These soundbars deliver exceptional audio clarity, powerful bass, and immersive sound that will make you feel like you’re in the middle of the action.
Whether you’re watching your favorite TV show or hosting a movie night, these soundbars have got your back. With easy setup and user-friendly features, you’ll be up and running in no time. Get ready to enjoy your favorite movies and TV shows like never before with one of these top-rated soundbars under $400.
We may earn an affiliate commission for purchases using our links at no added cost to you.
Our Favorite Picks in a Quick View
Last update on 2023-09-24
We have meticulously sifted through many options to come up with a list of the best-rated soundbar under $400 that offer exceptional value at this price point or less. Our choices are distinguished by a host of impressive features that set them apart from the rest. Our goal is to provide you with a comprehensive selection that will help you pinpoint the ideal model that caters to your unique needs and preferences.
Compare Key Features: Soundbar Under $400
- Hear your TV better: Designed with simplicity in mind, the Bose TV Speaker is a small soundbar that clarifies speech and is a simple fix for better TV sound.
- Wide, natural sound: 2 angled full-range drivers deliver a more realistic, spatial audio experience for overall better TV sound from a small soundbar.
- Enhanced dialogue: This TV speaker is designed to specifically focus on clarifying and elevating vocals and pronunciation.
- Bluetooth TV speaker: Pair your device to this Bluetooth soundbar to wirelessly stream your favorite music and podcasts. You can connect up to three devices using…
- Simple setup: A single connection from this compact soundbar to the TV via an optical audio cable (included) or an HDMI cable (sold separately) has you up and…
- Compact soundbar: This small soundbar is just over 2″ tall for easy placement in front of your TV or mounted to a wall (wall brackets sold separately). Overall TV…
- 40” 2.1 Soundbar with 8” wireless subwoofer.Mounting Type: Wall Mount
- 400W peak power
- HDMI-ARC: Single-cable, single-remote control
- 5.1 decoding for virtualized surround sound
- Class-leading 8” Subwoofer
- ADVANCED ULTRA-SLIM SOUNDBAR & WIRELESS SUB – The Signa S4 with an upgraded 7-driver array and a dedicated full-range center channel delivers True 3D Surround Sound…
- UP-FIRING SPEAKERS FOR HEIGHT ELEVATION – In addition to L/R Tweeters (0.98″), (2) Racetrack Mid Drivers (4.7″ x 1.57″) and a 0.98″ Center, the left/right elevation…
- POLK’S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY, along with S4’s center channel lets you customize voice levels, so you hear crystal clear dialogues without missing a…
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE – At par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At 2.36″ tall, the Signa S4 fits most spaces – easily wall-mount…
- 1-CABLE SETUP, WORKS WITH ANY TV INCLUDING THE LATEST 8K ULTRA-HD TVs – Get this system up and running in less than 5 minutes—all you have to do is unbox, connect…
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others directly from your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible…
- Dolby Digital 5.1 / DTS Virtual:X Captivating virtual 3D sound moves all around you, including above with DTS Virtual:X technology. Dolby Digital 5.1 enables…
- Feel the depth of moving sound Samsung Acoustic Beam Get pulled into what you’re watching with panoramic sound that moves with the action on-screen.
- Q Soundbar & Samsung TV, in perfect harmony Q-Symphony Audio that tracks with each scene with perfectly synchronized audio from your compatible Samsung TV* and…
- Game Pro Mode Level up with 3D directional audio from up-firing speakers. Acoustic Beam and powerful woofers automatically sync sound with the on-screen action,…
- HDMI, Bluetooth TV connection, Bluetooth multi-connection
- [Immersive 3.1.2ch Great Cinema Sound] 3.1.2 Channel audio with 380W power.Waterproof : No
- [Premium Sound Solutions] Dolby Atmos for an immersive sound experience. Meridian Audio Technology partnering up to advance sound. High-Res Audio for more accurate…
- [Best Match for LG TVs] LG Sound Bars are engineered to seamlessly enhance LG TV performance and designed to match LG TV. Control the Sound bar with LG TV remote…
- [HDMI, Bluetooth] Powerful connectivity with Bluetooth and HDMI in/out (eARC)
- [Eco Friendly] Eco friendly product in the entire process of manufacturing, using, disposal. Using recycled resin coming from plastic bottle and eliminate the…
- Dolby Atmos Sound: Featuring Dolby Atmos and DTS:X technology, this system generates sound that seemingly flows from all around you, heightening your sense of…
- 510W Output Power: With seven front-firing, two side-firing, and two up-firing speakers plus a powerful 8” subwoofer, this 12-speaker combo fills any room with…
- Powerful Bass: Feel the thunderous booming of deep, rich bass down to 40Hz. The compact 8” subwoofer can be placed out of sight thanks to its wireless connection…
- 4K HDR Pass: Thru Great audio doesn’t mean much without video to match. The built-in Pass-Thru technology ensures there are no sacrifices to 4K or HDR video so you…
- Wireless Music Streaming: Enjoy your favorite music, podcasts, and more directly from your soundbar with ease with built-in Bluetooth technology and Apple Airplay 2…
Last update on 2023-09-24
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly soundbar that costs around $400 or less, here are some key takeaways to keep in mind:
Reasons To Buy:
- A soundbar is an excellent way to improve your TV’s audio quality without having to invest in a full-fledged home theater system.
- Soundbars are relatively easy to set up and offer a space-saving solution for those who don’t want to clutter their living room with multiple speakers.
- Some soundbars in the $400 or less price range come with built-in subwoofers, which can provide a more immersive audio experience.
Points of Concern:
- While a soundbar can improve your TV’s audio quality, it still may not compare to the sound quality of a dedicated home theater system.
- Some budget soundbars may not have as many connectivity options as higher-end models, which could limit your ability to connect to certain devices.
- Cheaper soundbars may lack certain features, such as voice control or advanced sound modes, that can enhance the listening experience.
Upgrade Your Audio Game: How to Choose the Perfect Soundbar
Soundbars are an excellent way to improve your home audio experience. They provide clear, immersive audio that brings movies, music, and games to life. This simple yet comprehensive buyer’s guide will help you navigate the world of soundbars and choose the best one for your needs.
First, determine how much you’re willing to spend on a soundbar. There are options at various price points, with more expensive models typically offering better audio quality and additional features.
2. Size and Design
Consider the size of your TV and the space available in your room. Soundbars come in different sizes and designs to fit various setups.
- Compact Soundbars: Suitable for small rooms and TVs up to 42 inches.
- Standard Soundbars: Ideal for mid-sized TVs (43-55 inches) and average-sized rooms.
- Larger Soundbars: Perfect for larger TVs (56+ inches) and spacious rooms.
3. Audio Quality
When choosing a soundbar, look for features that enhance audio quality, such as:
- Channels: A higher number of channels (e.g., 3.1 or 5.1) provides a more immersive sound experience.
- Subwoofer: Integrated or external subwoofers help produce deeper bass.
- Dolby Atmos: This feature creates a three-dimensional audio effect, making it feel like sound is coming from all around you.
Soundbars offer various connectivity options, including:
- HDMI: Most soundbars have HDMI ports, which allow for high-quality audio and video transmission. Look for HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) compatibility for easier setup and control.
- Bluetooth: With Bluetooth, you can wirelessly connect your soundbar to other devices, such as smartphones or tablets.
- Wi-Fi: Some soundbars offer Wi-Fi connectivity, which can be useful for streaming music and integrating with smart home systems.
5. Additional Features
Consider soundbars with additional features that cater to your specific needs, such as:
- Voice Assistant Integration: Some soundbars have built-in voice assistants, like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, enabling voice control and smart home integration.
- Adaptive Sound: This feature adjusts the soundbar’s audio output based on the content you’re watching, providing an optimal listening experience.
- Night Mode: This mode reduces bass and volume levels for quieter listening during nighttime hours.
6. Brand and Reviews
Research soundbar brands and read customer reviews to find a reliable and reputable product. Brands like Sonos, Samsung, Bose, and LG are known for their high-quality soundbars.
7. Warranty and Support
Choose a soundbar that comes with a good warranty and customer support. A longer warranty period and responsive customer support can provide peace of mind when making your purchase.
In conclusion, consider your budget, room size, desired audio quality, connectivity options, and additional features when choosing the perfect soundbar for your home entertainment system.
More Top Selling Soundbars Today
Last update on 2023-09-15
Your Top FAQs Answered
What features should I look for in a soundbar under $400?
When looking for a soundbar under $400, there are a few key features to consider. Firstly, you should ensure that it has good sound quality, with a balanced and clear audio output. Additionally, you may want to look for a soundbar with multiple connectivity options, such as Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and HDMI. Some soundbars also come with additional features such as a built-in subwoofer, voice control, and compatibility with virtual assistants like Alexa or Google Assistant.
How does a soundbar improve my TV’s sound quality?
A soundbar is designed to provide a better audio experience than the speakers built into your TV. By using multiple speakers placed in a single unit, soundbars can produce clearer and more balanced sound, with better separation between different audio channels. This can greatly enhance your overall viewing experience, making it easier to hear dialogue and enjoy sound effects.
Do I need a subwoofer with my soundbar under $400?
While it’s not always necessary to have a subwoofer with a soundbar, it can greatly improve the overall audio quality. A subwoofer is designed to produce low-frequency sound, such as bass, which can be difficult for a soundbar alone to produce. Some soundbars under $400 come with a built-in subwoofer, while others may have a separate subwoofer that can be purchased and connected.
How do I set up my soundbar for under $400?
Setting up a soundbar under $400 is generally a straightforward process. First, you’ll want to connect the soundbar to your TV using the appropriate cable (usually an HDMI cable). Next, you may need to adjust the audio settings on your TV to ensure that the sound is routed through the soundbar. Finally, you can test the soundbar to ensure that it is working correctly and make any additional adjustments as needed. Many soundbars under $400 also come with a remote control or mobile app, which can make it easy to adjust settings and control your audio experience.
Gary Adams is a soundbar enthusiast with a passion for all things related to home audio. He spends his free time researching and testing the latest soundbar models and accessories and loves sharing his expertise with others. With years of experience in the field, Gary is an expert in soundbar technology and is dedicated to helping others find the perfect sound system for their home. When he’s not testing new soundbars, Gary enjoys hiking and playing guitar.